Delivered By Experts
David and Stephen Flynn
Registered Dietitian Rosie Martin
Gastroenterologist Dr. Alan Desmond
David & Stephen Flynn
They started their business The Happy Pear in 2004 to create a happier, healthier world and build community. Today they have approximately three cafes, two shops, a farm, 30 products in 1000 stores in Ireland, and products in Waitrose & Partners stores across the UK.
The Happy Pear business now employs over 120 people and it has grown into one of the most vibrant and renowned award-winning businesses on the Irish food scene.
Originally trained as a zoologist, and working in animal behaviour in the UK and Australia, Rosie got her first taste of studying nutrition whilst analysing the diets of reptile house residents! Following her move back to the UK, she decided to pursue her fascination in the science of human health and nutrition.
Rosie loves all animals, is happiest surrounded by nature, and experiments with plant-based, gluten-free cooking on many a willing recipient!
Dr. Alan Desmond
Dr Alan really enjoys cooking and eating a varied, whole food, plant-based diet. He is a member of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland and a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, London. He is also a founding advisory board member for Plant-Based Health Professionals UK, a Charitable Organisation that works to improve education and awareness of the benefits of a healthy plant-based diet. He frequently speaks on this topic at national and international medical conferences and public events.
You can find Dr Alan on Instagram @devongutdoctor and online at www.devongutdoctor.com
Week 1 - Gut Reset
2. What is gut microbiome and why is it important?
3. Where do our gut microbes come from and what do they do?
4. How does food influence the microbiome?
5. What are FODMAPS?
Week 2 - Reintroducing Beans
2. How is the modern diet harmful to the microbiome?
3. Processed food and its effect on our overall health
4. Our microbiome loves fibre. Do we eat enough?
5. Does eating meat help our microbiome?
6. Doctor’s top tips for maintaining a healthy microbiome
7. Are carbohydrates good or bad? Whole carbs vs refined carbs
Week 3 - Reintroducing Polyols
2. Whole Fats vs Refined Fats
3. Protein – how much do we really need?
4. Calcium and Vitamin D – dairy and strong bones?
6. ‘The Pleasure Trap’ concept
Week 4 - Reintroducing Fresh Fruits
2. Vitamin B12 – what is it, where does it come from, and should I take a supplement?
3. What about omega-3 fatty acid
4. Is a plant-based diet safe in pregnancy and during breastfeeding
5. The gut and beyond – the overall health benefits of a healthy, plant-based diet
Week 5 - Reintroducing Fructans
2. What about eggs?
3. What about fish?
4. What are probiotics? Should I take them?
Week 6 - Reintroducing Wholewheat
2. Learn about exercise, activity and stress control
3. Final chance to ask any questions before the course is over
Looks like you just missed this intake! Drop us your details and we’ll let you know before anyone else when the next course starts.
We will never spam you or sell your data! Promise! For more information on how we handle your data, check out our Terms & Conditions by clicking HERE.